Supply Chain / Transportation Manager
- LocationFort Lauderdale
Voted Sun Sentinel Top Workplace and ranked INC 5000’s 29th fastest growing company, ShipMonk is America’s fastest growing fulfillment center. We believe in working smart, playing hard, and innovating everything. From our Forbes 30 Under 30 CEO to our newest hires, everyone on our team is valued and recognized for their contributions. Want to help us shape the future of eCommerce? Join ShipMonk, and do meaningful work you enjoy with people who inspire you!
We are looking for a reliable, experienced manager to oversee Supply Chain/Transportation function at ShipMonk. Supply Chain/Transportation Manager responsibilities include overall management of a $40 mil. + spend per year between carriers. Optimization, efficient negotiations and continuous improvement of delivery experience while decreasing cost is the main goal for the position.
- Design a transportation network between carriers to decrease cost and reduce delivery time.
- Work closely with the revenue department and operations to create an optimized delivery offering to ShipMonk’s customers, that offers day definite delivery options
- Utilize smaller regional carriers to enhance existing transportation network
- Utilize zone skipping, pre-sorting, drop-off rates, delivery to regional sorting centers or DDU’s and utilize other techniques to further decrease transportation cost
- Audit carrier’s invoices and performance
- Negotiate NSA’s with the postal office
- Negotiate contracts with all the major carriers as well as regional carriers
- Negotiate agreements with LTL carriers and manage their performance
- Determine and ensure standards – KPIs, SLAs, NSAs
- Regular reporting – complex business analysis to identify business opportunities to improve internal and external processes related to vendors
- Manage vendor operational excellence through own standardized data driven metrics
- Act as point of escalation for vendor related issues
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to ensure supply chain efficiency and overall cost structure
- Develop and implement strategies that support short and long term goals
- Ideally BA in Supply Chain/Logistics Management, industrial engineering or similar relevant field
- Min. 3+ years of experience on similar, senior position, min. 5+ years in ecommerce/fulfillment environment, preferred previous experience within environment of large shipping carriers (& Fedex, USPS, UPS) or large ecommerce retailers.
- Direct experience with small parcel shipping in large volumes (million pieces+ per month), Existing relationships in place for all carriers large and small
- Experience with negotiating with USPS and establishing an NSA
- Experience in working with regional carriers and utilizing various means of transportation to achieve the best possible shipping rates
- Experience with zone skipping, postal sharing programs (delivering to DDU’s, regional hubs, etc).
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Negotiation experience · Experience managing multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment ·
- Analytical skills, excellent communications skills
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Fully-stocked fridge
- Perfect environment for career growth