Start-Up Warehouse Manager
Thank you for your interest in ShipMonk’s Operations management position! Here’s the deal:
You are applying to an extremely agile, motivated and self-driven powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry!
We are proud that ShipMonk is no. 29 on the 2018 Inc. 5000 list / 29th fastest growing business in US!
We couldn’t have done any of that without our team of superstars and a culture that celebrates each one of them.
Individuals matter just as much as the pillars of a bridge and are key to the success in our massive business growth!
We are proud to open new facility in Allentown, PA soon!!!
Our Site/Warehouse Manager will interact closely with Product Engineering Manager, reporting directly to COO, ensures top-quality & smooth fulfillment processing by accurate people performance management delivery & processes understanding and following (SOP). Managing people with relevant KPIs, this role is focused on getting things done through people & processes, focusing safety, promoting teamwork, top performance, continuous people development and setting high-level work ethics & standards.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfillment centre, new location start-up
- Management: Oversee, manage and improve people management ensuring quality, priority, effectiveness & accuracy aligned to company automation & business strategy
- Management & Mentoring of Supervisors – general responsibility for the Operations workforce (Direct Reports & Indirect reports – approx. 100 FTEs in year one)
- Performance: Implementation of KPIs and standards to maximize and measure workforce performance
- Performance: Regular evaluation & Assessment / Monitoring of performance of Warehouse Workers & their Leaders to ensure performance goals, process flow & professional behavior is in place/followed.
- People Development: Provide constructive criticism, motivates and recognizes team members, promotes positivity and teamwork, identify talents
- People Development: Identifies additional training needs and executes training
- Collaboration & Cross department alignment: Working hand in hand with management team to develop best practices to improve client satisfaction & workload efficiency
- Reporting: Provide timed & accurate feedback to COO regarding processes understanding/following (SOP) & people performance status and capabilities (KPIs)
- Budgeting: Managing site OPS budget, prepare management reports and P&L statements
- Safety/Legal/HR: Ensuring ShipMonk safe place to work, understanding of OSHA, Workers Compensation, and other federal and state regulations relating to employees
- Forecasting: staffing needs & risks
- Min. Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Management or related
- Min 3 years experience on managerial position overseeing 100+ employees (direct/indirect)
- Start-up experience is a must
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in fulfillment, 3PL or direct to consumer warehousing
- Solid background in problem solving & people management
- Strong time & priority management, organizational, planning and self-motivation skills, stress management
- Training skills / Employee coaching & development, Multitasking, and conflict-management acumen
- Problem solving, Analytical thinking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling changing priorities and use excellent judgment in stressful situations
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility – Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed, frequent business traveling
- English – fluent, Spanish – as added value
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Dog-friendly office
- Fully-stocked fridge
- Perfect environment for career growth – promotion opportunities
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and ShipMonk’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
ShipMonk requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with ShipMonk is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen. Where applicable, driving records, including minor moving violations, will be evaluated according to company’s guidelines to determine eligibility for the position.