Human Resources Manager
- DepartmentHuman Resources
- LocationSan Bernardino, CA
- Ensure compliance of ShipMonk’s CA business by regular monitoring and implementations
- Administration and overseeing compliance-heavy HR areas, including leave of absence, wage and hour, workers compensation, disability claims, employee benefits programs, etc.
- Together with CPO (Chief People Officer), conduct regular site compliance audits (FLSA, FMLA, etc.), execute corrective actions
- Monitor updates of CA labor law and suggest on-site accurate response by precisely planned change/project management
- Provide advice, interpretation, and counsel to local management team within the areas of HR policies, programs, and HR practices
- Conduct HR investigations and recommend/suggest corrective actions.
- Conduct regular training programs to ensure compliance (Anti-Harassment, Drug-free topics)
- Direct site worker’s compensation program within legislative guidelines to reduce on the job injuries and reduce expenses once an injury occurs
- Ensure all site people documentations needed for employment administration is accurate, updated and meeting requirements
- Perform regular and random checks of employee documentation and employment eligibility
- Regular presentation of HR/Compliance standards to employees
- Prepare documentation for legal audits or reviews, participating in surveys and HR data analysis
- Regular reporting of on-site HR audits, HR process improvements, corrective actions and findings to CPO
RECRUITMENT & WORKFORCE PLANNING
- Work with site HRBP and leadership team in determining required people resources, identification of leadership talent, and succession planning, focusing salaried employees and site key roles.
- Plan and direct recruiting, staffing programs to address higher level of recruiting need (managers, senior Supervisors, Customer care seniors, etc.)
- Oversee and control site Hourly recruitment and Temp staffing processes results delivered by HRBP, ensure productivity
- Oversee site workforce planning and temporary staffing efficiency, regular supervision and management of HRBP (HRBP is on on-track and aligned with staffing standards)
- Create regular reporting of HR agenda (site results) in collaboration with HQ/FL HRBP Sr. creates ad hoc reports
- Participate in selection and interviewing key salaried positions for other sites if necessary
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & TRAINING / TRAINING
- Educate leadership in maintaining positive and union-free relations through coaching focusing employee communication and leadership training.
- Work in conjunction with management and HQ HR to create a company culture that emphasizes employee and customer service, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Conduct internal investigations and resolve conflicts in the workspace according to set standards
- Train site leaders and HR colleagues in order to increase their capabilities and knowledge
- Recommend content of compliance training for HR and leadership team, suggest investments and organize such trainings
- Together with HRBP and Operation leadership suggest employee incentives and motivational programs
- Collaborate on post-injury investigation together with Facilities Coordinator
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Collaborate with HQ C&B Specialist in order to ensure Final paycheck processing meeting CA legal requirements
- Approve final format of CA site time cards delivered by HRPB and other payroll impacting documents respecting closing deadline
- Oversee productivity and monitor accuracy of Overtimes administration & payroll
- Support implementation and administration of Benefits programs on site based on set HR company strategy
- Assist with HR budgeting process regarding CA HR expenses, benefits, and other planned related activities.
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree, ideally Human Resources management /Employment Law
- Minimum of 5 years of California employment law experience
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles and practices, knowledge of applicable CA state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements desired
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of payroll preparation and submission (Attendance records, controlling)
- Prior experience supporting min. 100+ hourly employee client groups (logistics/distribution, manufacturing )
- Flexible to work overtime when needed – experience with fast pace and constantly changing work environment – stress management on high-level
- HR certification as an advantage (PHR, SPHR)
- Experience communicating issues to cross-functional partners at all levels
- Demonstrated experience issue spotting and assessing information for risk mitigation
- Able to constantly learn new skills, coach, and share best practices with others
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a drug test and background check
- Highest possible standard of work ethics, morale, discipline and integrity, Team players only
- An extremely high sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Dog-friendly office
- Fully-stocked fridge
- Perfect environment for career growth and promotion opportunities
- Fast-paced environment at a dynamic and modern company
- Challenging, interesting and impactful workload
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button below and select the position from the list of current openings.